Not everyone's a natural born downhill rider. On the contrary many a mountain goat can lose crucial time once they're over the peak and on the descent. Orica-AIS Valentina Scandolara, aka Crazy Horse, is well-placed to share great advice on how to head downhill like a pro. She shares her thoughts here.
- When you approach the corner, look at the end of it, not midway through it or at your wheel. This helps you take a better line
- Go wide before the corner
- Balance your weight with the external pedal being down
- Head out with someone you know is a great downhill rider and see if you can follow their line
- Get hours and hours and hours of practice
In Valentina's words, practice is more important than talent!