ProdecoTech is an American brand of electronic bikes that are affordable and well respected, despite being a relatively new company. They offer over 20 different models of e-bike and promote heavily the fact that their bikes are designed and manufactured in the US.
Most of the electric bikes that are available in the US are manufactured overseas - usually in Asia. ProdecoTech is different - all the bikes that it makes are designed, manufactured, and go through a quality control process in the US. This is one of the main unique selling points of the brand, and they promote it heavily. Of course being made in the US doesn't necessarily mean better quality, but when it comes to ProdecoTech the quality is undeniable. They make great electric bikes that are also affordable.
The company was started by two businessmen, Robert Provost and Daniel Del Aguila, who ran a motor sports store. One of the product lines they sold was electric bikes, but they became increasingly frustrated at the quality of the imported brands. In fact they would often rip out some of the parts in these bikes and replace them before selling them to their customers.
They decided that e-bikes could be built better, and that they were the ones to do it. They also saw that e-bikes were becoming increasingly popular in Europe and other places around the world, and wanted to emulate that success in the US. They launched ProdecoTech in 2010.
They set about designing e-bikes that were high quality, low maintenance, portable, lightweight, affordable, and attractive. Today there are over 20 bikes in the range, all manufactured at their headquarters in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
The brand has a strong commitment to customer service and building the best e-bikes in the US. Their aim is to make the e-bike a household item across the country.
ProdecoTech manufactures eight different styles of bike. There are throttle powered options available as well as pedelec and S-pedelec options. Some of the features that you will find in the range include compact frames, balanced weight distribution, advanced battery systems and hydraulic brakes. You will also find 750W motors and 600W geared motors.
The models include:
• Phantom - an aggressively designed bike with the battery mounted in the downtube, a folding frame and motor options ranging from a 300W up to a 600W, which gives it a top speed of 20mph
• Genesis - a stylish commuter bike with a downtube mounted battery and a choice of motors that includes a 600W geared option that reaches 20mph
• Rebel X - a bike with a fat frame, fat tires, 600W motor, 25mph top speed and a go-anywhere attitude
• Outlaw - a high performance e-bike with motors starting at 750W and going up to 1200W, giving this model a top speed of 28mph
• Mariner - a lightweight, compact and portable e-bike with 200W, 300W and 500W motor options, the latter of which will reach 20mph
• Islander - a stylish cruiser with a 500W motor that will do 20mph
• Stride - commuter bikes with a step-through frame, 300W and 500W motor options and a top speed of 20mph
As ProdecoTech manufactures electronic bikes exclusively, it is not involved in any sponsorship arrangements in the sport of cycling.