Gaerne is a shoe and boot manufacturer from Italy. It makes specialist products including boots for motorcycle riding, boots and shoes for walking, and cycling shoes. It is a respected brand in the industry, with Gaerne shoes worn by many of the world's top cyclists.
The company is based in Maser which is in the Veneto region of Italy. This region is the home of the world famous Italian sports shoe manufacturing industry as a number of other brands are also located there including Diadora and Sidi. About 70 percent of sports shoes produced in Italy come from this region.
Gaerne was founded in 1962 by shoe designer Ernesto Gazzola. The name Gaerne come from his name - the first two letters of his second name and the first four letters of his first name.
The shoes Gaerne produces have an obvious Italian style, but the main focus is on quality. That means Gaerne shoes are technically innovative, reliable, and comfortable to wear. They are also made from high quality materials.
All research and development work as well as design and quality control is carried out in-house by Gaerne to ensure cutting edge design and consistent levels of quality across the range. A wide selection of cycling shoes from that range is available on Bike Exchange, the marketplace for everything bike.
In addition to producing cycling shoes, Gaerne is also involved in the sport of cycling through a number of sponsorships.
Gaerne cycling shoes are categorized according to the type of riding you plan to do. They come in a range of designs and have technical features, depending on the option you choose, such as carbon soles and heel cup as well as ventilation systems and a heel control system that helps keeps your foot in the correct position. There are also casual shoes available.
The range includes:
• Road cycling shoes - with options including Stilo, Chrono , Tornado, Motion, and Record for men, and Chrono Lady and Record Lady for women. There are also winter road shoes including Winter Road Gore-Tex and Akira Road.
• Triathlon cycling shoes - this includes Kono for road riding and Kono MTB for off-road.
• Mountain bike - the men's options include Sincro, Kobra, Hurricane, Rappa, and Laser. The women's options include Kobra Lady and Laser Lady, plus there are winter options - Winter MTB Gore-Tex and Artix MTB.
• All-terrain - Mid Gore-Tex, Nemy, and Rinta
Outside of cycling, Gaerne also produces an extensive range of motorcycle boots and trekking shoes / boots.
Gaerne has a long history of supporting cyclists across multiple categories and at many levels. In fact, it says it receives thousands of requests for support every year.
Currently, Gaerne sponsors some of the world's leading names in competitive and professional cycling. This includes:
• Road - Andre Greipel, Gallopin Tony, Monfort Maxime, Roelandts Jurgen, and Sieberg Marcel
• Mountain bike - Johnny Cattaneo, Damiano Ferraro, Ivan Alvarez Gutierrez, Walter Costa, and Daniele Valente
Many triathletes have sponsorship deals with Gaerne too.
At BikeExchange, we bring the marketplace to your computer or mobile device. We offer a wide assortment of Gaerne Cycling Shoes for all types of riding styles for sale by independent bike shops and private sellers from all over the United States. Depending on the retailer and the product, you can make a purchase in one of several easy and convenient ways:
Click & Collect: Pay online and make arrangements to pick up the bike at the retail shop.
In-Store: Contact the retailer directly to make your own payment and collection arrangements.